Within the Katoka team we have experts in Lean, Six Sigma & Process Management business improvement methodologies. Over the last few decades, these methodologies have been applied by almost every industry sector, resulting in significant improvements in business performance. Put simply:
- Lean is about reducing complexity and waste in a process and empowers front-line workers to make changes to the way they work
- Six Sigma seeks to increase process consistency in line with customer expectations and provides a structured process improvement framework (DMAIC).
- Process Management is about having documented processes with the right performance measures accessible to the people working in the process.
By combining these approaches an organisation is able to to achieve visible performance and accountability combined with employees actively looking to reduce waste from a process and deliver a consistently great customer experience. In other words, these methodologies allow you to transform your organisation through improved execution and putting the customer at the centre of the business.
Business improvement initiatives add value to an organisation by:
- Delighting customers by consistently delivering products and services that meet and exceed their expectations, thereby increasing revenue growth
- Eliminating waste and defects from processes, thereby increasing internal efficiencies and improving operating income
- Improving process accountability and visibility to core performance metrics, which improves focus and ensures resources are allocated effectively
- Breaking down organisational silos through collaborative projects to deliver customer centric initiatives
To determine the best business improvement approach for your business, the Katoka Business Health Check is a great way to identify how well your business is performing and the key areas for improvement.
The Katoka team are experienced in the development and deployment of business improvement programs. We train and certify business improvement practitioners and help organisations build capability through coaching project and program leaders as well as executive management. Katoka uses world class, best practice methodology and tools to develop business improvement capability in your organisation to help you achieve a competitive advantage.